Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mini Review: LoveCats Designs, Cherry


Sonja's mother and editor here for a quick review of LoveCat Thei's feature outfit for today, Cherry.  Cherry is a cute little outfit perfect for a day of casual fun and comes in two colors, black and white.  Featured here is the outfit in white.  This outfit normally runs L$500 but for today only is L$250 at the LoveCats Designs Mainstore.  The outfit includes "...tied front top, booty shorts, socks, trainers, tattoo, and cherry nom."  The jacket features a cute cherry emblem on the back, and there is even a cute cherry tattoo just above the waist that all together really makes this outfit work. 

Now, I have a confession, three really.  The first is that I love Chucks!  As a kid, I had always wanted a pair, and now as an adult feel the need to own them in every color to match every outfit.  While I love how I look and feel in my heels, there's just something about throwing on a comfy pair of shoes that match your outfit, and Chucks are them.  Ms. Thei designed these trainers and they are a perfect SL version of my all time favorite shoe invented.

The second confession?  I love cherries!  This outfit, no matter which color you choose, features the gorgeous fruit.  While many people would over-do the cherry motif, Ms. Thei seems to use it in a way where it's just right.  Any more would be too much and any less would be not enough.  There's even a cute retro cherry logo on the back fitting of a night at the roller rink or bowling.  The cherry nom of course seems to fit it perfectly, especially as about 25% of what is featured in her store is neko (and can mostly be worn as non-neko).  If I did want to play up the neko, all I would have to do is add a tail and ears, available for free or L$200, depending on which design you like, at the store as well. 

Third confession?  My husband has always wanted me to wear short daisy dukes.  I am not normally a daisy duke girl - I grew up with the cold winters of Wisconsin before making my escape to a southern paradise, and part of me still prefers long jeans with boots and a sweater.  This outfit makes me think otherwise of the style of short shorts.  In the past I had searched SL for the right pair of daisy dukes, and never liked what I saw.  Or if I did like it, I could never find the right shirt to go with it.  I have finally what I was looking for with these.  They're short, they're cute, they're girly, and they definitely are grabbing my husband's attention as we speak.

Only thing I'd like to see for this outfit maybe is an update on the sleeves.  I believe that this is one of her older outfits, and updating the sleeves would help a bit.  Some sort of a sculpted bow on the front of the outfit would be really cute as well.

One other thing, and I've found this in general with Ms. Thei's designs.  Ms. Thei has been in Second Life for a long time and has been making clothes that entire time.  Fashions change, skins change, hair and makeup change, but her designs always work, no matter what.  Seeing any of her outfits worn by her models and staff really show what is possible with the it.  I had some doubts before trying it, but on a whim I bought the outfit awhile back and decided to give it a try.  Don't always judge a book, or a 1024x1024 texture, by it's cover.  Sometimes you just have to go and ask to see it displayed in person.  That's part of what the models are for.  

Stylings used:
Outfit and shoes:  LoveCats Designs, Cherry for L$500, today only L$250
Hair:  Truth Hair, Valerie Reds for L$250
Skin:  Chaisuki, Vienna 01 Nougat for L$1389
Makeup:  R.icielli, Night Makeup for L$99; Adam n Eve, Lipstick Burgundy for L$99

Overall:  9.5/10

Pros:  Cute cherry theme, innocent yet sexy, fine detail, cute trainers!

Cons:  Older outfit that I'd love to see a few updates made to it

No comments:

Post a Comment